Saturday, September 20, 2008

Home Sweet Hong Kong

Man, I am WAY behind on updating my blog! Oopsies! I guess that's what happens when you're having too much fun. And trust me, I've been having A LOT of fun!

By now I've returned back home, but at least I have these wonderful memories of HK to look back on at any time:


It's a new day and here I am waiting to go to class. Yep, you read that correctly--Mommy enrolled me in summer school while in HK. I played, danced, painted, drew, glued, had storytime, and met lots of new friends.


This is my very first work of art. It's a bicycle, a cloud, and a sun (not to be mistaken for an orange).


This is my second piece, and you can tell my art skills have slightly improved. Those gold dots on the right are my fingers!


This is the inside of a book that I made. Isn't the fish so pretty? Mommy helped me with this, but I painted the blue background, spread all of the glue on and stuck on a bunch of the beads.


When I stayed with Gong-Gong and Poh-Poh, there was a playground nearby that we went to visit. Here I am riding the duckie.


And having a ball on the fish too!


I'm always a bit scared of going on slides the first couple times, so Poh-Poh rode it with me.


Yay--that was fun!


I love to climb stairs, but I always need someone at the top and bottom to lead me all the way up.


I don't just enjoy going down the slide, but also try to walk up them too!


In one of my classes there was a dress-up section. Today's topic was lions and I wore the costume long enough for Mommy to take this photo until I started tearing it off.


Having a walk with Gong-Gong to Pacific Place from his office. I love running around in the mall!


Poh-Poh's friend brought her little puppy over and I was so excited to pet it.


Mommy look! Can we get one too??


Since I've been in HK, I've grown an obsession over shoes. Here I am practicing my catwalk in one of Mommy's.


And my obsession continues onto bags. Here I am with Mommy's bag but wearing Poh-Poh's shoe.


This is my doggie. I love to ride and bounce on his back.


Another of Poh-Poh's friends brought her doggie over to play with me too. This one was a bit bigger so I didn't pet him as much. Here I am trying to give him his chew toy.


This doggie did tricks and I got a kick out of watching him chase his tennis ball.


After days of wearing one adult shoe around the house, I found the confidence to wear a pair. Fun!


Dress-up doesn't end with women's shoes. Each night when Gong-Gong returns from work, I like to take his tie and parade it around the house.


Quick photo-op with the grandparents!


I only get to see my cousins Talia and Tyler twice a year, so I love playing with them as much as I can!


Very tempted to knock this block tower down...


Eating a banana with a spoon all by myself!


I need help!


I also have a huge fascination of electronics--especially ones that turn on, have lots of colors, and make noise.


Here I am playing with Gong-Gong's phone. Even though he put his keypad on lock, I still managed to unlock it and then call Singapore, Korea, and New York within the span of 5 minutes.


I look like the biggest (but cutest) nerd in this photo. Mommy loves it!


Cheese!


This is a good look for me too.


See, I still LOVE to eat!


Bring on the dessert!


During dinner out one night, I learned how to take photos by myself. I'm a pretty smart little kid. This is my self-portrait.


I love putting on my sunnies and showing off how beautiful I look!


Here I am in art class painting again. I usually can't stand being dirty...


but I ended up rubbing the paint all over my hands and arms like lotion. Lots of fun!


This is storytime when we all exchanged hugs. I was a little hesitant at first, but then joined in with everyone.


Painting all by myself. Aren't I good?


Forget the brush, it's so much easier with hands!


Oh, what have I done?


This is my family tree that I'm painting.


Uh-oh, this is going to be messier than I thought.


Janice and I were able to have another playdate together before I left. Here we are both trying to take control of my tricycle.


Aunties and babies once again reunited!


For our last night in HK we went to dinner at the Jockey Club. That night I had so much fun and learned to do "cheers" with everyone.


Again please? Cheers!


This is so insanely fun! :)


Yay the dinner was delicious!


Another Kodak moment with Gong-Gong and Poh-Poh. I'm going to miss them a lot!


And one with my Uncle Joseph. Sometimes he scares me, but most of the time we have fun together!

And that sums up my trip! Hope you enjoyed the photos almost as much as I enjoyed my vacation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your artwork is lovely!